• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • Hoarders? Pawn? Bounty Hunters?

    6.02.2011
    What other hidden gems are there within the reality TV show mecca? I was amused when I found out about The Real World, it was fun and the first group from San Francisco actually made so much of an impact that MTV (The non music playing network) actually was smart and kept it. I loved the San Diego and Philadelphia season most. I was thinking: "How can just any random stranger get on TV and become that known without any talent or reason to actually spread social energy?" Well, now it appears you can have a mental disorder and show up on TLC, or have a huge business in the middle of bucktooth town and be on True TV (formerly known as Court TV). Surprisingly...I find these shows just as amusing, if not more.

    It's a weird feeling, watching other people's problems to delight ourselves. It's quite a laugh sometimes; for example Kathy Griffin, comedian/who knows what else she might be, mentioned this show about Compulsive Disorders and her stand-up was hilarious.

    This is all food for other shows that love the stupidity on reality TV: like The Soup which celebrates the loveliness of the people and moments in these shows. Before this I thought Hoarders were like a myth or something, in Venezuela we'd just call it "Tienes muchas mariqueras," (shit).

    If you know of any interesting shows out there that are just so interesting that it must be talked about, let me know. Right now,

    By the way, How It's Made needs to come back to Discovery Channel!

    4 comments:

    1. Makel said...:

      What did you do at Disney?

    1. ZageGuy said...:

      I did the Disney College Program, which was super awesome, I got placed to work on the parades at the Magic Kingdom. It's a worthwhile experience really. =D

    1. David said...:

      I like Pawn Stars. Hrmm, I also like Hoarders and Intervention. Also, Real Life on MTV was one of the best.

    1. ZageGuy said...:

      Equality, lol, don't get me wrong I like those shows too :) and I think MTV's show is True Life, which is also super ;)

    Post a Comment